Montclair Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a preventable accident in New Jersey, our Montclair personal injury lawyers at Brady, Brady & Reilly, LLC can help you seek justice and fair financial compensation. We are knowledgeable and experienced trial attorneys who will guide you through each phase of your case. Request a free consultation today to learn more about how we can help you.
Why Choose Brady, Brady & Reilly, LLC
- We are highly qualified and experienced personal injury lawyers who have been representing clients for almost 50 years. We are certified trial lawyers with a history of many successful jury verdicts.
- We put our clients first. You can rest assured that your personal injury attorney will listen and respond to your needs, address your concerns, and keep you updated throughout your claim.
- Our Montclair personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay anything unless we are successful in obtaining financial compensation for your losses.
- Our lawyers handle personal injury cases in Jersey City, Montclair, and across New Jersey.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a type of civil claim that seeks financial compensation to make an injured accident victim whole again; to restore the victim to the financial state he or she was in before the accident took place. In New Jersey, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim if someone else caused your accident. If another party was negligent, he or she may be held liable (or financially responsible) for your injuries and losses.
If someone is negligent, it means he or she is careless and injures someone else. In personal injury law, negligence consists of four main elements:
- Duty of care. A duty of care is a legal responsibility to act in a reasonable and prudent manner. For example, a driver has a duty to operate a motor vehicle carefully and in accordance with traffic laws.
- Breach. A breach of duty is an action or omission that falls short of the defendant’s duty of care. It can refer to a careless and unintentional breach or a knowing breach of the duty of care.
- Causation. The defendant’s breach of duty must be the proximate (main) cause of the accident. In other words, the accident or injury wouldn’t have happened but for the defendant’s actions or failure to act.
- Damages. The victim must have suffered real, specific losses – or damages – in the accident. These may include physical injuries, medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you or your attorney can prove these four elements to be true with at least a 50 percent likelihood (a preponderance of the evidence), the defendant will be liable for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. An attorney can help you build a compelling claim by thoroughly investigating your accident, preserving and gathering evidence, and hiring qualified experts to testify.
When Should You Call a Montclair Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury attorney can help with any type of claim, involving major or minor injuries. It can be even more important to hire a lawyer, however, if someone else’s negligence gave you or a loved one a severe or catastrophic injury. In this case, the insurance company may not offer as much as you need to pay for your current and ongoing medical needs, including rehabilitation and physical therapy. A lawyer can help you negotiate for a just settlement or take your case to trial, if necessary.
After an accident in Montclair, you may feel overwhelmed by your injuries. A lawyer can handle complicated legal matters for you so that you can focus on recovering. Your attorney can take care of confusing legal paperwork, talk to insurance claims adjusters, and stand up for your rights and best interests through every stage of your case. Investigating and litigating a case can be expensive and difficult, but an attorney will know how to handle matters efficiently and effectively.
Types of Cases We Accept in Montclair
At Brady, Brady & Reilly, LLC, we have been representing injured individuals and surviving loved ones since 1965. We have decades of experience in many different types of injury cases, including:
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Truck accidents
- Ridesharing accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Defective product accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death claims
To find out if we accept your type of case, as well as if we are able to help you, request a free consultation in Montclair. We can guide you through the legal process while making sure your family has everything it needs.
What Is the Time Limit to File?
The state where you live determines how long you have to file a personal injury claim. Every state has a different statute of limitations, or deadline for filing. If you surpass this deadline, you will most likely be barred from financial recovery, with only a few exceptions. In New Jersey, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident or of injury discovery. Your deadline may be longer or shorter, however, depending on your case. This is why it is important to contact a personal injury lawyer right away.
What to Do After an Accident
In the aftermath of a bad accident in Montclair, call the police. Obtaining a police accident report can help you build a stronger claim to damages. Check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries. Take photographs of the accident scene, if possible, before you leave. Go to a hospital immediately for a checkup, even if you don’t feel injured. Your adrenaline may initially mask your injury symptoms.
Call your insurance company to file an initial injury and/or property damage claim. Before you make any statements or sign anything from the insurer, however, contact a personal injury attorney. A lawyer can help you protect your legal rights from the very beginning of your case.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Montclair Today
If you or a loved one has injuries from an accident in New Jersey, contact our attorneys at Brady, Brady & Reilly, LLC for assistance. We represent clients in Montclair, Nutley, Bloomfield, Jersey City, and throughout Essex and Hudson Counties. We can help you work through the legal aspects of your claim, as well as connect you to top doctors in Montclair to put you on the path toward healing. Find out how we can help you and your family today. Call (201) 997-0030 to request your free, zero-obligation consultation in Montclair.