What Should I Do After Being Injured in an Uber Accident?
If you are reading this article and have already been injured in a serious Uber accident, you have likely missed the opportunity to gather all the information provided here. However, after the crash, you will likely want to do the following actions:
- Contact law enforcement and request that the police arrive at the scene of the crash to create a police report
- If you can, try to obtain the name and contact information of any witnesses who were present at the time of the accident
- Use your cell phone to take photos of the scene of the accident, including the license plates of the vehicles in the accident
- Ask for the personal insurance information of your Uber or Lyft driver, as well as the insurance information for any other drivers involved in the crash
- Take a screenshot of your trip in the Uber or Lyft app. That way you have a record of the time of the trip, the name of your driver, and confirmation that you were a passenger in the vehicle at the time of the crash
- Visit a physician, chiropractor, or physiotherapist to confirm the extent of your injuries and to make sure you have the proper treatment to recover from your injuries. The information from the doctor, chiropractor, or physiotherapist will also be used to determine the value of the compensation you are entitled to after your accident
- Contact a New Jersey Uber accident lawyer to determine the value of the compensation you are entitled to and which lawyer you want to hire to resolve your case. It is important to note that hiring a personal injury lawyer is just another part of the process to ensure you are entitled to the settlement you deserve to cover the injuries you sustained in the collision.
New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers Who Specialize in Uber or Lyft Claims
There are many lawyers who have more experience with Uber of Lyft personal injury lawsuits than others. However, a skilled personal injury lawyer should have the experience to navigate the issues associated with your Uber or Lyft personal injury claim. The team of rideshare accident lawyers at Brady, Brady, & Reilly, LLC is here to help you recover the full compensation you are entitled to.
New Jersey Uber Accidents
Those who are injured in a crash involving a rideshare vehicle should consult with an Uber/Lyft crash lawyer in New Jersey immediately in order to better understand their legal options. The legal team at Brady, Brady, & Reilly, LLC is here to help you make sure that your case is treated fairly and that the liable driver is held accountable for his or her actions. We will fight to make sure that you recover the compensation you deserve so that your life can get back on track. Contact our New Jersey rideshare crash attorneys today at (201) 997- 0030 if you or a loved one has been unfairly injured in a crash involving a rideshare driver.