What Settlement Can I Expect After a New Jersey Uber Accident?
The value of your settlement after an Uber accident in New Jersey depends on many different factors and circumstances, such as who is at fault for the crash and the severity of your resulting injuries.
Obtaining Compensation in a New Jersey Rideshare Crash
There are three primary avenues for obtaining lost compensation after being injured in a Kearny NJ Uber accident. Uber carries liability insurance to cover damages related to accidents caused by their drivers. The amount of coverage provided by this policy includes:
- Third-Party Liability Coverage. When the Uber driver is at fault for the accident, third-party liability insurance covers damages to any third party, like a pedestrian or another driver. This policy covers up to $1,000,000 per incident.
- Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage. New Jersey allows drivers to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for you and your passengers in the event that the at-fault motorist does not carry adequate insurance to cover the full extent of the resulting damages.
Uber’s insurance policy also covers hit-and-run crashes with the same limit of $1,000,000 per accident.
Factors That Determine the Value of Your Case
There are many factors that will be considered when determining the value of your damages after a New Jersey Uber accident:
- The Severity Of Your Injuries. The extent of your injuries may worsen over time, and a long-term prognosis will be necessary to determine the value of your case.
- Current And Future Medical Expenses. You may require visits to the emergency room, extended hospitalizations, physical therapy, and multiple follow-up appointments after being injured in a crash. These medical expenses could even include prescription medication or pain management.
- Economic Damages. You may experience lost income after an accident, or you may lose future earning capacity due to permanent injuries. These long-term financial losses will factor into your case value.
- Noneconomic Damages. There are many non-economic damages that may result from an Uber accident, including disfigurement, physical impairment, mental suffering, and even wrongful death.
- Amount Of Commercial Insurance Coverage Available. Your claim is not able to exceed the coverage provided by Uber’s insurance plan, regardless of the true value of your case. In such a case, you may have to rely on your own insurance policy to make up the difference.
Uber Accidents in New Jersey
Those who are injured in a crash involving a rideshare vehicle should consult with an Uber/Lyft crash lawyer in New Jersey immediately in order to better understand their legal options. The legal team at Brady, Brady, & Reilly, LLC is here to help you make sure that your case is treated fairly and that the liable driver is held accountable for his or her actions. We will fight to make sure that you recover the compensation you deserve so that your life can get back on track. Contact our New Jersey rideshare crash attorneys today at (201) 997- 0030 if you or a loved one has been unfairly injured in a crash involving a rideshare driver.